Highlights Essaouira tour:
• Visit Essaouira and meet all your artistic, cultural and sporting desires.
• Explore the souks and stalls of the Portuguese city of Essaouira.
• Explore the Scala ramparts, the municipal market, the jeweler district, and the craft complex.
• Cross the beach and the famous port of Essaouira.
• Discover the argan tree and witness the production of Argan oil in a women’s cooperative.
• Discover the art of craftsmanship in cedar wood.
• Take advantage of its climatic characteristic for water sports enthusiasts.
Your day trip to Essaouira from Marrakech will begin with a walk along the fertile plains of Haouz to the city of Chichaoua, where you stop to have a coffee before continuing to Essaouira. On your way, you will cross the forest of argan trees, where you can see goats climbing trees. To see how argan is extracted, you can visit a local women’s cooperative and understand how some natural cosmetics are made locally from the virtuous argan seed. After, we will continue to Essaouira. On your arrival, you will explore the beautiful city at your leisure:
Then, go to discover the fishing port of Essaouira. Cross the medina eve with its souks and traditional stalls and discover the art galleries and authentic woodwork workshops. Explore the art of cedar wood inlay and enjoy the beautiful objects presented by craftsmen through the alleys of the medina.
Visit the ramparts and gates of Essaouira, its Borj and military buildings as well as its two main fortifications: The sqala of the Kasbah and the sqala of the port. For fans of windsurfing or the Surf Kit, the climatic particularity of Essaouira and its geographical position have made it a strong point to practice these two sports, hence its appointment of “City of the wind”.
Do not miss, especially, admire a tagine Souiri or a superb fish dish (specialty of Essaouira) in one of the restaurants on the sea.
A day trip to Essaouira from Marrakech is by far the most appreciated visit by our customers: many of them discover this hidden gem for the first time and immediately decide to come back for a short break in the calm and the hippie city of Essaouira.
From experience, exploring Essaouira is simple: the inhabitants are very friendly, the medina is quite small (compared to other cities of Morocco) and its streets are in order. You certainly do not need a guide to go around the city. If you insist, your driver will help you hire a local guide to visit the city.
In the late afternoon, return to Marrakech. Your day trip to Essaouira will end at your hotel or at the nearest point accessible by car from your Riad.
Destination: Excursion Essaouira
Availability: daily from 9am to 6pm
Category: Private Tour The French speaking driver
Clothing: comfortable clothing, comfortable shoes, hat, jacket and sunscreen.
What is included:
• Air-conditioned and comfortable private vehicle.
• Qualified driver speaking French
• Departure and return to your place of residence
What is not included:
• Lunch between 5 and 15 euros
• Visit fees for monuments.